Monday, May 14, 2012

Prayer


It is sometimes hard to understand the many different ways people pray.  People use different items in different places during different times.  Prayer takes many forms and there’s no wrong or better way to do it.

Here on the run, I am in constant prayer.  I pray while running, sitting in the car, while I eat and when I’m joking with my fellow runners.  No one knows that I’m doing this.  I watch and I take small images of my surroundings and keep them in my heart.  My head isn’t bent forward nor are my hands held in prayer, but I’m thinking good thoughts for the people and land I see­- hoping good always finds its’ way to them. 

Our group consists of members from all over the US, Canada and Mexico.  Although our prayers manifest themselves in distinct ways, we all share a common prayer and belief in this run (and what it stands for).  Yes, we sing different songs, use different feathers, speak different languages, but we do not judge the other for the difference.  Instead we acknowledge the beauty and appreciate one another’s background and history.  

1 comment:

  1. Prayer is universal, it is a language, at times without words, without borders. Prayer keeps us connected to Earth, God, Buddah, Creator, and each other. Prayer comes from the heart, body, and mind. It is these prayers that keeps ME connected to the run, to the runners, and to myself...

    ReplyDelete